Some of the rules about what you can and cannot do changed on 29 March. Students who are in England can now meet others outside either in a group of up to 6 people, or in a group of any size from up to 2 households. You can also take part in formally organised outdoor sports with any number of people.
If you are living on or around campus, here are a few ideas of activities you can do in the new few weeks (subject to change if the government restrictions change):
- Organised badminton in Library Square. Equipment is provided.
- Organised outdoor exercise classes at the Mile End Stadium
- Go for a walk along the canal, to Victoria Park (take a picnic) or Limehouse Basin.
- Have a game of tennis. Book a court in advance.
- Take a Santander cycle to Queen Elizabeth Park in Stratford, you can visit the gardens, use the outdoor gyms or rent a swan pedalo.
- Check out the beautiful daffodils in the Mile End Park, next to Queen Mary’s main campus.
If you are not on campus, you can continue to connect with other students and get involved with Queen Mary’s Students Union activities remotely.