Happy New Year and Happy New Decade! Here are some of our tips for enjoying your time in the UK and whilst studying at Queen Mary:
- Apply to be an International Student Ambassador with UKCISA for your chance to shape future policy. Be quick, the deadline is 9 January 2020.
- Travel in Europe. Come to our Schengen Visa workshop on 29 January 2020 for an overview of the Schengen Visa application process and requirements.
- Visit Bath and Stonehenge with International Students House Travel Club, £45.
- We’ll run a Language cafe at Queen Mary. Come to practise a language, share your own language/culture or just to chat to new people. Look out for more information in the next few weeks!
- Look after your emotional health. Check out our self-help resources, and come along to a personal development workshop.
- We’ll be launching a photo competition after the exams for you to share your favourite experience in the UK and for a chance to win a book token. Follow us on Twitter for more details @QMUL_ACS
- Take some time out to stay with a family in the UK with HOST UK for a cultural exchange. We are members and the application cost is only £27 for the first day visit, and £52 for the first weekend visit. Highly recommended!
- Plan a budget and take part in National Student Money Week events from 3 February 2020.
- Quick question about immigration? The immigration drop-in at ACS reception will now be taking place on Monday and Friday 2pm-3pm (check our Twitter for any changes to the schedule).
- If you want to work in the UK after your studies, see the visa options and get some tips from the Careers and Enterprise Team at Queen Mary. We’ll be running a workshop on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 5pm to outline the main visa options, keep an eye on the Careers website to book.
We wish you a productive and enjoyable 2020!